14 Aug Coaching for All
Attending a class is wonderful: gathering info, sharing ideas, venting a little, hearing different perspectives. Some of our classes have waiting lists!
But sometimes a class doesn’t fit. Sometimes a person has a communication need that others don’t have, so a group class isn’t available. Sometimes a person wants more attention than can be gained in a large group, and sometimes a person just has a few questions and issues and doesn’t need a whole class. What to do?
Individuals and their managers seek coaching for a variety of reasons. Here are some:
- A presentation is to be given soon – help!
- There is an on-going clash with another person and help is needed to sort it.
- Someone has advanced in her career, but grammatical gaps are now showing up; it would be embarrassing to attend a class
- People have complained about the harsh behavior exhibited by one person. A few coaching sessions might clear this up.
- A new manager is feeling lost and intimidated but can’t find exactly the right management class.
These are just a few of the reasons people have come to us for individual coaching, which can be offered in two ways:
- Individual and coach meet, talk on phone, and email over several weekly sessions.
- One day is devoted to hour long individual coaching sessions for 5-6 people at client’s site. This is good for several people in one organization who can come for an hour to get help with a specific concern.
But, if neither of these works for you- give us a call at 202.298.7700. Coaching is individualized, and so is our planning.