04 Jan 5 Reasons to Make Communication Improvement Your New Year’s Resolution
Resolve to do something transforming for your workplace this year: give everyone the gift of actually communicating with each other.
- Banish Confusion! A new administration year is confusing enough without fuzzy, incomplete, or vague communication. Help folks learn to express themselves clearly and gracefully.
- Promote Cohesion! When people are able to speak and listen to each other they’re able to work together, to support one another, and to seek assistance.
- Empower employees! Workers who are encouraged to offer ideas, to question, and to share experiences are more likely to be productive, happy, and energetic.
- Solve problems! Many workplace mishaps are direct results of poor communication. Let your employees learn to listen and clarify rather than make assumptions and hope for the best.
- Be productive! When communication is clear, specific, and focused, everyone will be less stressed and frustrated, and they can direct energy to their jobs.
“The greatest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. G B Shaw
Even though a lot of talking goes on in every workplace, much of it is incomplete, vague, inconsistent, fraught with a second agenda, layered with emotion, or incomprehensible. Listening is often selective, or nonexistent. Many workplace problems are the result of poor communication, but this isn’t always recognized or addressed, so problems continue.
The good news is that communication improvement can happen quickly. Often an adjustment in attention or focus can help change habits.
Let us be your guides to fulfilling your New Year’s Resolution.
- Schedule a course
- Schedule a series of related communication skills courses
- Talk with us to create a course for your specific needs.